November 10, 2012

A Chip Off the Old Block

About seven years ago I went through a period where I was using Legos to reenact scenes from my favorite films. The photographs got pretty popular online and I began to see them posted on random websites which made me feel really good. Unfortunately the images were always credited back to my old Flickr alias, Mom Smackley, so I don't think people had any idea who the real person was behind those shots.

The idea behind this project was to spoof the movie tie-in marketing of toys but with movies I actually wanted to see made into playsets. Lego has all sorts of licensed movie themed lines - Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter - so why not have a Lego Friday the 13th? Or a Lego The Honeymoon Killers?

Chopping Mall (1986) 
Creepshow (1982)
Friday the 13th (1980)
Hell Night (1981)
The Honeymoon Killers (1970)
Motel Hell (1980)