February 12, 2014

Touching base.

Ahem. Testing. Hello?

Ah, yes, there you are. My apologies for being away for so long. No, no...I'm not mad at you. Things have been busy.

What? Oh. You've heard that one before. I see.

Well, to be honest...I've just neglected our relationship. You know how it can be. You don't?

I...let me finish, please. I need to explain, you see....what? What have I been up to?

Animal Crossing has still been a recurring object of entertainment in my home life...again, it's so incredibly relaxing, and after a long day at work and an even longer commute home, it's nice to just zone out. 

Have I watched anything? A few things here and there, but nothing life-changing...

...except for one thing. Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

Years ago, I had a watched a few episodes from an earlier DVD release of the first 25 shows, but I gave up because I figured it was hopeless to get involved in a show that I would never, ever see the entire run of. Why bother investing your time in a few installments of a show that clocked a whopping 325 episodes! Flash forward: For my birthday, Hilly Blue got me the entire collection that was released by Shout Factory! and I haven't been the same since. Louise Lasser is absolutely, jaw-droppingly amazing. I had always been a fan of hers, but this blew my expectations out of the water. I'm speechless in my attempt at describing her performance in this role - equally strange, sympathetic, hilarious...her delivery is unique and completely and utterly exclusive to Louise Lasser. No one else in the world could play this role. What episode am I on? 147!

Music? Not much, really. But these two epics have been on constant repeat - Eartha Kitt, I Love Men and Pat Ast, Paul Jabara's Ocho Rios.

Let's see. Am I missing anything? Oh yes. Back in October, I finally saw the complete version of I Am Divine. It was great to finally see the finished piece after two years of research. I can't stress how much of a wonderful experience it was.

Toodles for now!