"Reviews of my Films" (circa 1989)

I'm still reading through all of the old diaries and journals that I kept as a teenager - I have stacks of spiral-bound notebooks that range from the years 1987 to the early 1990s. There are some interesting sketches and drawings, a lot of angst and some wild fantasies. For a long time I wanted to be a film director. A filmmaker that specialized in horror films. Even at such a young age I was already becoming obsessed with character actors and influenced by 1970s horror films, John Waters and Tim Burton.

I would get so bored and impatient with myself that I would write reviews for the films that I hadn't even made yet. I found a few of those capsule reviews. Sadly, most of my "stars" have since passed away. Another sad thought is the fact that these excited aspirations have since died as well.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel-ember: Day Twenty Seven

Unforgettable: Revisited

I've Moved!