Yeti Hideout's 31 Days of Horror: Week 2

In honor of Halloween, I've been selecting one horror movie a day.

Here are the selections for the second week:

Madman, 1982

One of my top favorite slasher movies. For my thoughts on this film, click here to read a previous post from my blog.

The Code Red and Anchor Bay DVDs are currently out of print, but used copies can be found on Amazon.

It is also streaming on Amazon Prime Instant Video.


One of Paul Bartel's best! For my thoughts on this film, click here to read an article I wrote for Turner Classic Movies.

The Warner Bros. DVD is currently out of print, but used copies can be found on Amazon.

It is also streaming on Amazon Prime Instant Video.

Terrifying. Made even more chilling and unforgettable thanks to Charles Bernstein's eerie score. Barbara Hershey is great in a brave, difficult role. The final scene is a moment I have never forgotten.

Now available on Blu-ray from Anchor Bay.


Death Game, 1977

While not officially a "horror" film, I'll take any opportunity to recommend this nutso thriller. It's absolutely incredible and the less known about it the better! I force everyone I know to watch it. The ending is unforgettable.

The VCI DVD is currently out of print, but used copies can be found on Amazon.

The Pit, 1981

This one is nuts and kind of a mess, but it's fun, strange and hilarious. The novelization - Teddy by John Gault - is incredible, so if you can lay your hands on a copy you better snatch it up immediately!

The Anchor Bay DVD is currently out of print, but used copies can be found on Amazon.

American Gothic, 1988

Fun backwoods horror with a terrific cast, great sets/production design, moody locations and a very satisfying twist ending.

The Trinity Home Entertainment DVD can be found on Amazon.



Hell Night, 1981

This one has the honor of traumatizing me at an early age when I caught an airing on television. Incredibly atmospheric, fun and likeable characters and a truly terrifying maniac. Features some really effective jump scares!

The Anchor Bay DVD is currently out print, but used copies can be found on Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel-ember: Day Twenty Seven

Unforgettable: Revisited

I've Moved!